October 28, 2021
Canadian Benefits Plan for CAMA members / Expression of Interest
People Corporation & CAMA
In conjunction with CAMA’s Board of Directors, People Corporation and our subsidiary Benefits by Design have prepared the following document to determine what interest the CAMA membership has in implementing a health benefit plan for small to medium sized employer groups with 3 to 50+ employees.
People Corporation is a leading provider of group benefits, group retirement, and human resources consulting services in Canada. Founded in 2006, we have grown significantly through a series of strategic acquisitions. Our competitive advantage comes from the tenure and bench strength of our combined teams. Our head office is proudly based in Winnipeg, with an additional 40 offices across the country including Quebec.
While the company is comprised of different brand identities, it is organized in such a way as to leverage the capabilities of the entire organization while maintaining a strong local presence.
As CAMA members you would be working with an organization that the public trusts with values similar to your own. You will be able to tap into the largest brokerage data set in Canada. We will share information with you about industry trends coming from years of data collection and experience.
Click here https://vending-cama.com/sites/default/uploads/files/People-Corp-Pricing-2021.pdf for a sample plan design and rate structure for Ontario, a Non-Pharmacare province.
Once interest in the program is assessed, rates can be divided by province and size of group. Our range of rates for an employer with 3-9 employees for this plan design is approximately $31-$116 per employee per month. For groups with 10+ employees the cost is approximately $26-$98 per month per employee. Healthcare rates are approximately 30% lower in provinces with provincial drug coverage (Manitoba for example) and are approximately 10% lower for groups with over 10 employees.
Please note the following:
- Rates assume Health and Dental benefits only.
- If a group currently has health and dental benefits, claim history will need to be assessed.
- If a member organization is interested in Life insurance, AD&D or Disability benefits they would need to be quoted separately.
- Plans can have Health Spending Accounts (HSA) added to coverage. An auto-coordinated option has an 8% administrative charge. A no auto-coordination option is available with a 5.5% administrative expense.
- Currently benefits are not available to groups with less than 3 employees. Stand alone HSA would however be available.
- Groups with over 100 employees would have access to this program as well as additional underwriting and design flexibility.
- As the program grows additional options will be available for annual rate reviews. Initially the program will renew at a fixed time and rates will be blended for all participating members.
Assessing Membership Interest
In order to launch this value-added service to the CAMA membership a minimum number of participating employers will be required. If your organization is interested and requires further information, please contact Kevin Bell email@example.com with the following information:
- The name of your organization
- Your contact details
- The number of full-time permanent employees you have
- Whether there are other benefits you would like to see added to the offering?
- Do you currently have a benefits program in place?
Or please respond to the CAMA office firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of November with your expression of interest and we will have Kevin contact you directly with further information.